- Death, especially from heart attacks and strokes
- High LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels
- Worsened blood sugar control, compared to non-smokers
- Nerve damage from diabetes
- Kidney disease leading to dialysis
- Foot ulcer and amputation of toes, feet or legs caused by peripheral vascular disease
The good news is that the benefits of being smokeless begin immediately and increase the longer you are a nonsmoker. Reduce your risk of diabetes complications by taking this important step.
Riverside Smokeless program
Even with all the benefits of becoming a nonsmoker, quitting can be one of the toughest challenges you face. Riverside is here to help with this nationally-recognized program, Smokeless. For more information and registration, click here.
Stop smoking: Strategies to help you quit
Smoking cessation: One step at a time