In one-on-one counseling or in a small group setting, our dietitians will explain how nutrition impacts your diabetes. Taking into account your individual situation and preferences, our dietitians will work with you to develop your own healthy menus and modified recipes. You'll learn to use meal planning to manage your glucose levels, to lose weight, and to avoid the complications of diabetes.
Medical Nutrition Therapy sessions
- Initial session usually lasts one hour.
- Follow-up sessions are 30 minutes to one hour.
- A physician referral or prescription is needed prior to setting up your appointment.
- $80 per hour and may be covered by your insurance. Check with your provider. Insurance co-payments are due at the time of the class.
Locations. Medical Nutrition Therapy is offered in Gloucester.
Walter Reed Hospital
7519 Hospital Drive
Gloucester, VA 24061
Call (804) 693-8865 for more information.
Take the first step toward a healthier you! Let our dietitians provide you with up-to-date nutrition information and show you how to eat for optimum weight and good health. Sessions include a Wellness Weigh notebook with over 200 pages of information including low fat recipes, shopping lists, sample menus and tips for dining out. Have your body composition calculated. Receive food and exercise diaries to maximize learning and behavior change. Please call for an appointment. For more information and to register call (757) 875-7533.
- Fitness Center Members: $80/2 sessions, $95/4 sessions
- Non-members: $95/2 sessions, $110/4 sessions