Join us for diabetes education classes where you can meet others facing the same challenges as you.
Our program has been awarded recognition by the American Diabetes Association. The instructors are trained in diabetes education.
Some classes require a doctor's referral or prescription and have fees that may be covered by your health insurance. Call us and we will check with your insurance provider.
- Understand diabetes. We'll explain how you develop diabetes, what happens when your blood glucose rises and its long term impact on your body.
- Learn to eat healthy. You'll learn how to read food labels, how to make good menu choices when eating out, and tasty recipe modifications.
- Learn how to lower your risk of longterm diabetic complications.
- Learn how to recognize, prevent and manage diabetes emergencies.
- Learn about the impact stress has on your the body. We'll teach you techniques to manage stress in your own life.
- Select the type of glucose monitor that works for you to test your glucose levels daily.
- Learn about diabetes medications and the steps to taking them correctly.
- Learn why exercise helps your blood sugar levels. We'll help you find the right exercise for you and encourage you to get started.
This class requires a referral from your doctor. Ask your doctor if this class is right for you.