Cancer Treatments Outline
Chemotherapy--Overview of chemotherapy and how it works (NEEDS TO BE POSTED)
- Treatments--Provides a brief explanation of the types of chemotherapies that the oncologist may discuss with the patient.
- What to Expect--Overview of how chemotherapy is administered.
- Side Effects--Common side effects and advice on how to alleviate them.
- After Chemotherapy--Overview on what to expect when recovering from chemotherapy.
Radiation Therapy--discussion of what it is and how it works.
- External Beam: What to expect --discussion of external beam radiation.
- Internal Radiation: What to expect--discussion of internal radiation with focus on brachytherapy.
- Side Effects --Details on side effects and what you can to moderate them.
- Self Care--Information on how to take care of your self during radiation therapy.
- After Radiation Therapy--Information on the importance of lifetime follow-up care with your Riverside medical team
Surgery Overview—summary of various types of surgical procedures used in cancer treatment (NEEDS TO BE POSTED)
Outpatient Surgery: What to expect
Inpatient Surgery: What to expect
- Overview of Biological Treatments
- What to Expect
- Side Effects
- Overview of Targeted Therapies--therapy so new--not much information, but links to NIH sources help reader to find out more technical info.
Clinical Trials-Overview of clinical trials--this is a repeat of existing clinical trial page on the RS site.
- Cancer Clinical Trials--detailed content on what to expect from a clinical trial, how to enroll, insurance costs and promotion of the Riverside Cancer Care Center services.
New Therapies and You—reasons why doctors may not recommend new therapies for a patient.