Side Effects from Abdominal Area Treatment
- Eat and drink slowly.
- Do not make yourself eat more than you can or want.
- Eat smaller meals more often and rest after eating.
- Try a clear liquid to allow your bowels time to rest.
- Include lots of mild liquids such as apple juice, peach or apricot nectar, soda water, weak tea or clear broth. Liquids should be taken warm or at room temperature; they should not be iced or very hot. Let carbonated drinks lose their fizz before drinking them.
- Eat smaller amounts of food more often.
- Avoid foods that may cause cramps (coffee, beans, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, highly spiced foods, sweets, and chewing gum.)
- Drink plenty of liquids to replace those you have lost.
- When you are feeling better, gradually add foods that are low in fiber such as rice, cream of rice cereal, bananas, applesauce, mashed potatoes, dry toast and crackers.