To fight your cancer, you need to know and understand your treatment options. Be sure to ask your physician about your treatment, the side effects and risks. Knowing your options and choices will empower you to be your own advocate in partnership with your doctor.
Developing a plan
Your team of health professionals will develop an individualized treatment plan.
Some of the factors they will consider include:
- The stage of your cancer.
- The type and size of the tumor.
- Your age and general health, including childbearing desire.
- Your tolerance for specialized medications, procedures or therapies.
- Whether the cancer has just been diagnosed or is a recurrence.
Treatment of ovarian cancer is often a combination of:
- Biology or Immunology
- Target Therapy