Some women may not begin to address the emotional turmoil caused by the disease until after their treatment is over. For many, it becomes a time to reflect on life going forward.
- Some treatments can cause sexual difficulties.
- When you finish treatment, you may not have as much interaction with your cancer care team and this can cause anxiety.
Check up schedule
Your doctor may recommend a physical exam and a pap test on this or a similar schedule following cancer treatment:
- The first year following treatment: Exam and pap test every 3 months
- The second year: Exam and pap test every 4 months
- Years 3 through 6: Exam and testing every 6 months
- 6+ years after treatment: Tested annuallyDuring these visits, your doctor may: