Sterile Processing Technician
The Sterile Processing Technician (SPT) role is essential to the successful operation of both inpatient and outpatient surgical facilities. These medical professionals carry out duties that include reprocessing various surgical instruments and equipment. During the reprocessing phase SPTs decontaminate, package, and sterilize items. Upon sterilization, these technicians proceed to stock and track sterile items. As healthcare continues to evolve, so does the demand for highly trained professionals. Sterile Processing Technicians are a critical component in the team of professionals ensuring the safety of all surgical patients.
- Graduation from an accredited high school with a required overall grade point average of 2.0 or better; or a GED certificate.
- Satisfactory score on the preadmission entrance test.
- Must be able to meet essential requirements of the program.
- Two satisfactory Professional or Academic Reference Forms. Current or past employees of Riverside Health System will be evaluated for job performance and eligibility for rehire.
- Official TOEFL results if English is your second language. Minimum score of 550 (paper) or 79 (Internet-based)
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens by birth must provide immigration or citizenship documentation.
- Satisfactory interview (for applicants meeting above requirements).
Admission is on a competitive basis. Riverside School of Health Careers reserves the right to select those applicants who are deemed best qualified for both the program of study and potential employment by Riverside Health System.
How to apply
Download, complete, and submit the following application packet:
(In order to view these files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available for free from the Adobe website)
This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
Institutional Certification: Certified by the State Council of Higher Education (SCHEV) to operate in Virginia.
Institutional Accreditation: ABHES Accredited
The information contained in this website is informational only, and not intended to be contractual in nature. We reserve the right to change or alter any statements herein without prior notice.