Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree
Welcome to the world of art and science. Radiographers are highly skilled professionals qualified by education to perform imaging examinations and the accompanying responsibilities at the request of physicians qualified to prescribe and/or perform radiologic procedures.
Radiologic Technology Program opportunities for students on the Eastern Shore!
Students may elect to be considered specifically for the Greater Peninsula based class (Williamsburg, Gloucester, Newport News, Hampton) or the Eastern Shore* (Accomack, Northhampton County) based class and are considered in separate applicant pools. All admission criteria remain the same for either class.
*Eastern Shore students:
- will attend clinical sites primarily at Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital and other inpatient/outpatient sites on the Eastern Shore, Portsmouth, and Norfolk.
- attend classes delivered via synchronous video tele-conference from the RSHC Peninsula campus on-site at Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital.
- be required to travel to the Peninsula campus one day per week for laboratory instruction and student-faculty meetings (note: other travel to the Peninsula campus may be required periodically throughout the program).
- Graduation from an accredited high school with a recommended overall grade point average of 2.0 or better; or a GED certificate.
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab, English Composition, and College Math requirements must be completed before an application can be submitted; all prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning the program.
- Satisfactory score on the preadmission entrance test.
- Must be able to meet essential requirements of the program.
- Two satisfactory Professional or Academic Reference Forms. Current or past employees of Riverside Health System will be evaluated for job performance and eligibility for rehire.
- Official TOEFL results if English is your second language. Minimum score of 550 (paper) or 79 (Internet-based).
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens by birth must provide immigration or citizenship documentation.
- Satisfactory interview (for applicants meeting above requirements).
Admission is on a competitive basis. Riverside School of Health Careers reserves the right to select those applicants who are deemed best qualified for both the program of study and potential employment by Riverside Health System.
Prerequisites (all courses must be completed with grades of "C" or above)
- Anatomy and Physiology with Lab - 4 credits **
- English Composition - 3 credits **
- College Math (100-level or higher) - 3 credits **
- General, Introductory, or Developmental Psychology - 3 credits
- Medical Terminology - 2 credits
**Must be completed prior to application submission.
All prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning the program.
How to apply
Download, complete, and submit the following application packet:
(In order to view these files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available for free from the Adobe website)
The Radiologic Technology Program is Accredited by Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
Institutional Certification: Certified by the State Council of Higher Education (SCHEV) to operate in Virginia.
Institutional Accreditation: ABHES Accredited
Prospective students are urged to review the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Ethics Pre-Application Review prior to starting any radiologic technology education program. This evaluation is a process for an early ethics review of criminal offenses that would otherwise need to be reported with your Application for Certification when you have completed an ARRT-recognized education program. Ethics offenses could negate eligibility for the ARRT National Certification Exam. All offenses must be reported regardless of how long ago they were committed.
- Offenses committed while a juvenile and processed in the juvenile court system;
- Traffic violations which did not involve drugs or alcohol;
- Charges that were dismissed if there were no court conditions required for the dismissal.
The information contained in this website is informational only, and not intended to be contractual in nature. We reserve the right to change or alter any statements herein without prior notice.