Introducing the Pavilion - Opening January 2013
The opening of the Pavilion brings some new opportunities to join our team. Learn more >
Since the opening of its first hospital in 1916, Riverside has maintained a steadfast commitment to meeting the healthcare needs of citizens in our community. The opening of the Pavilion marks an important milestone in Riverside Regional Medical Center's campus-wide transformation from a community hospital to a true regional medical center whose quality outcomes have earned national recognition.
About the Pavilion
The Pavilion is a 250,000 sq. ft., 3-story addition to Riverside Regional Medical Center with many features including: new operating room suites; endoscopy suite; 72 private patient rooms arranged in four wings; central sterile processing; pharmacy; and related services. More than 150 Riverside team members, both clinical and non-clinical were involved in planning, execution and training related to addition.
At a cost of approximately $107 million (approx. $43 per square foot), the Pavilion features the latest in design but also delivers on the hallmarks of the Riverside Care Difference: Keep me safe. Help heal me. Be kind to me. Respect my wishes. According to Dr. Pat Parcells, Senior Vice President and Administrator of Riverside Regional Medical Center: "The loving, caring, high-quality care is going to be the same… but it is going to be streamlined, and the ambience and the family experience is going to be much enhanced."
The Pavilion at Riverside Regional Medical Center will officially open January 28, 2013.
- Welcome Center (5 Booths)
- Pre-Op / Post-Op Rooms (28 Rooms)
- Observation (18-Bed Unit)
- Operating Room Suites (11 Rooms)
- Procedure Room
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (18-Bed Unit)
- Endoscopy Suite (2 Procedure Rooms)
- Future Expansion
- Retail Pharmacy (Spring 2013)
- 113,000 square feet
- All Private Rooms Arranged in 4 Wings, 72 Total Rooms
- General Surgery (18-Bed Unit)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (18-Bed Unit)
- Neurosurgical Unit (18-Bed Unit that Includes Step-Down Pod)
- Orthopaedic Unit (18-Bed Unit)
- 64,300 square feet
- Central Sterile Processing
- Future Expansion
- 40,000 square feet
To inquire about tribute or charitable giving opportunities, please contact the Riverside Foundation at (757) 234-8740.