Outcome Data Report - Overall
General Facility Outcomes
January 2011 - December 2011
Riverside Rehabilitation Institute is committed to providing the highest quality rehabilitation to our patients so they can experience the best possible results. We seek to improve who we are and what we do every single day. The result is an unparalleled rehabilitation experience for our patients and their loved ones.
- During their stay here, patients usually progress from needing a moderate amount of help to needing only a minimal amount of help with tasks such as bathing, dressing, walking/wheelchair use and ability to understand.
- We have delivered improved functional abilities, averaging numerical functional gains of 22, which matches the regional and national averages.*
- On average, patients stay an average of 15 days at RRI, which matches the regional and national averages.
- Patients are admitted to RRI an average of 15 days after their illness or injury, which matches the national average and compares well to the regional average of 14 days.
- On average, 73.6% of our patients are discharged back to the community.
Source: e-rehab Outcomes Report
*RRI outcomes are measured using Functional Independence Measures (FIM), a standard tool used nationally to asses patients' ability to perform certain tasks. FIM scores at admission are compared to FIM scores upon discharge to measure progress in key areas, such as self-care and communication.