Outpatient Therapy at Williamsburg - Physical Therapy
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapy focuses on improving and restoring normalized movement and the client’s ability to function independently. The individualized, "hands on" approach that characterizes physical therapist care is highly valued by patients. When a physical therapist sees a patient for the first time, he or she examines that individual and develops a plan of care that promotes the ability to move, reduces pain, restores function, and prevents disability, while improving the patient's level of functioning.
Our physical therapists specialize in care of those with orthopedic and neurological conditions. Some of the specialty treatment techniques provided include:
- Myofascial Release
- Muscle Energy
- Joint/Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Therapeutic massage
- neuromuscular Re-education of movement
- Spinal and Postural Stabilization
- Gait and Assistive Device Training
- Therapeutic Exercise/Conditioning
- Home Exercise Program Development