Our board-certified urologists provide consultation and management for the more common conditions listed alphabetically below:
- Adrenal mass or cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH – enlarged prostate) - Medical treatment, microwave thermotherapy, laser ablative surgery, transurethral resection (TURP)
- Bladder cancer
- Erectile dysfunction - Medical therapy for prosthetic surgery (implants)
- Hematuria or blood in the urine
- Interstitial cystitis
- Kidney cancer - Cryotherapy (freezing small tumors), surgery
- Kidney stone management - Prevention strategies, lithotripsy (ESWL), ureteroscopy and stone removal
- Male infertility - Evaluation, surgery, i.e., variocele repair
- Pediatric urology - Circumcision in boys older than 6 months, repair of hydrocele or undescended testis, urinary infections, voiding dysfunction, nighttime wetting
- Pelvic organ prolapse - Repair of cystocele, rectocele, enterocele, vaginal vault prolapse
- Peyronie’s disease
- Prostate cancer - Diagnosis and management with robotic surgery, brachytherapy (seed implantation), cryotherapy.
- Sterilization - vasectomy
- Testicular cancer
- Testosterone deficiency
- Urethral and penile cancer
- Urinary incontinence - Medical and surgical management (i.e., urethral sling procedure)
- Urinary infections
- Vasectomy reversal
da Vinci® Surgery-Taking Surgical Precision Beyond the Limits of the Human Hand.
By partnering with Riverside Regional Medical Center, we’re able to offer our patients the latest in technology such as da Vinci® Surgery. In 2005, the first da Vinci® surgery robot was installed at Riverside Regional Medical Center, making it the only one on the Virginia Peninsula.
da Vinci® prostatectomy is one of the most effective, least invasive surgical approaches to prostate cancer treatment available today. With the da Vinci®, patients experience less pain, less blood loss, fewer transfusions, less risk of wound infection, less scarring and a shorter recovery time.