At Riverside Cadiology Specialists, our providers treat a variety of diseases. Most commonly treated diseases include:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Arrythmias (Abnormal heart rhythms)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Syncope (fainting)
- Hyperlipidemia (High cholesterol)
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Heart valve disorders
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart attack
- Angina (Chest pain)
- Congestive heart failure
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
Other Services Include:
- Echocardiography: Imaging of the heart using ultrasound to evaluate the heart muscle and valvular structure and function.
- Stress Echo: Measures the heart function under rest and stress.
- Exercise Treadmill Test: Used for assessing exercise capacity and screening for possible coronary artery disease.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): Records the electrical activity of the heart.
- Nuclear Stress Test: An evaluation of the blood flow to the heart during exercise or after chemical stress to the heart muscle. This is an important screening tool for blockage in the coronary arteries and an assessment of risk prior to surgery in some patients.
- MUGA: A nuclear technique to assess the pumping function of the heart at rest.
- Holter/Event Monitoring: Portable EKG monitoring to evaluate possible abnormal heart rhythms which may or may not cause symptoms. These monitors may be used for 24 hours or as long as a month.