The official name of this new resource for the Williamsburg community is Riverside Doctors' Hospital. But it's really your hospital. Because from concept to completion, the hospital is designed to offer state-of-the-art care, comfort, convenience and more healthcare choices for you and your family, plus an awareness and sensitivity to the environment as well as this region's unique history.
Emergency Room Entrance
The groundbreaking for the new hospital took place on July 12, 2011 and the anticipated timeframe for opening is May 2013. When operational, Doctors' Hospital will be the crowning achievement in Riverside's commitment to serving Williamsburg and surrounding areas. And while we're waiting, the good news is that the specialists and family physicians that will bring their skills and experience to the hospital, are already here.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg is a 2-story, approximately 100,000 square foot facility.
- The facility sits on a beautifully landscaped campus at the intersection of Route 199 and Route 60. The campus is over 25 acres and is a component of the 380+ acre multi-use development named Quarterpath.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital is scheduled to open in May 2013 and is licensed for 40 private rooms - 33 Medical/Surgical rooms and 7 Intensive Care rooms.
- The full-service Emergency Department will have 12 private patient rooms.
- Surgical Services features 2 operating rooms, in addition to the 2 ORs already located at Riverside Doctors' Surgery Center, and 8 private patient preparation and recovery rooms dedicated to patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- The ground floor of the new hospital will feature a lobby/public area; café; chapel; community education/conference space; Emergency Department; Cardio/Pulmonary Services; and Outpatient Diagnostic Services that include Laboratory and Imaging (X-ray).
- The second floor will include Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery; Medical/Surgical Patient Rooms; Intensive Care Unit; Pharmacy; and a Lifelong Health Center which will focus on simplifying the transition from inpatient acute care to other settings outside the hospital.
- Final beam goes into place
- Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg is Approved!
- VA Department of Health decision (PDF)
- Doctors' Hospital okayed
- Riverside wins approval to build Williamsburg-area hospital
- Riverside makes another run
- Another try for new hospital
- Riverside Submits New Application For State Approval To Build Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg
- State Health Commissioner Shuts Down Eastern Virginia Health Systems Agency
- Riverside Declares EVHSA not in Compliance; Asks Circuit Court to Halt Action
- Riverside Will Re-Submit Applications For Doctors' Hospital COPNs
- Riverside, Sentara debate proposed project
- Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg Proposed For Quarterpath Site In Williamsburg
- Riverside launches Doctors' Hospital
- Riverside to buy 350 acres from Colonial Williamsburg