Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace
Studies show that 74% of illicit drug users are actively employed in America. This staggering statistic makes drug and alcohol testing even more valuable to American businesses. Riverside Business Health Services has vast experience creating, implementing and enforcing drug-free workplace programs.
- Testing, collection and lab testing
- Professional on-site collection available
- In-house testing kits available
- Post accident testing
- Federal mandated requirements
- Rebates offered from workers’ compensation insurance providers
Surveys show that employees who use drugs and alcohol are:
- 2.2 times more likely to request early dismissal or time off
- 2.5 times more likely to have absences of eight or more days
- 3 times more likely to be late for work
- 3.6 times more likely to be involved in workplace accidents
- 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim
We can explain your options and help you choose the right test panel to meet your needs.
Wellness in the Workplace
Wellness improvement programs can pay big dividends to employers. These programs focus on educating employees on health-related topics that can directly impact their health and productivity. Employers that invest time and money into wellness programs also demonstrate to employees that they care beyond the basics and that they consider employees to be an investment rather than an expense.
Some of the largest companies in America sponsor worksite wellness programs for one simple reason – they work. Studies have shown that wellness education conducted in the workplace typically results in a 3 to 1 cost benefit ratio. We can help your company offer simple services or launch a comprehensive program.
- Health Fairs
- Health Risk Assessments - provide a complete picture of health
- Routine or Safety Sensitive Vaccination Programs
- Executive Physical Programs - to keep top people in top health
- Staffing and Management of On-site Occupational Health Clinics
Physicals and Immunizations
Riverside Business Health Services assures quality and convenience while providing a forum for the collection of information that can translate medical information into company savings.
- Flu shot programs for on-site vaccinations
- Pre-placement and regulated physicals, including DOT
- Respirator examinations
- Complete vaccination programs available
- Audiograms and hearing conservation program
Improving Performance Through Education: Training and Policy Development
Our professional policy development services help bridge the gap between policy and practice. Seminars delivered at various locations throughout the Virginia Peninsula region keep you abreast of the latest health topics and solutions to regulatory requirements. We offer numerous training classes for managers and employees covering both regulated and non-regulated topics.
Please contact us for a list of available training classes.