Accreditation and Recognition
Accreditation by The Joint Commission
Riverside Behavioral Health Center has been named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission in 2013. RBHC was recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions including inpatient psychiatric services.
RBHC is one of 1,099 hospitals in the U.S. earning the distinction of Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for attaining and sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance. RBHC was recognized for its achievement on the following measure sets:
- Percentage of patients admitted to a hospital-based acute patient psychiatric setting who are screened within the first three days of admission for all of the following: risk of violence to self or others; substance use; psychological trauma history; and patient strengths;
- Acute patients discharged from a hospital-based patient psychiatric setting on two or more antipsychotic medications;
- Percentage of acute patients discharged from a hospital-based inpatient psychiatric setting on two or more antipsychotic medications with appropriate justification;
- Acute patients discharged from a hospital-based patient psychiatric setting with a continuing care plan created (reason for hospitalization, d/c diagnosis, d/c meds, next level of care recommendations);
- Patients discharged from a hospital-based acute inpatient psychiatric setting with a continuing care plan provided to the next level of care clinician or entity;
- The total number of hours that all acute patients admitted to a hospital-based inpatient psychiatric setting were held in seclusion; and
- The total number of hours that all acute patients admitted to a hospital-based inpatient psychiatric setting were maintained in physical restraint.
All Top Performer hospitals recognized demonstrated an exceptional commitment to quality improvement and have made a commitment to accreditation and to positive patient outcomes through evidence-based care processes.