Michael E. Renforth, M.D.
Born: Morgantown, West Virginia
High School: St. Francis Central Catholic, Morgantown, WV
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, West Virginia University
- M.D., West Virginia University School of Medicine
- F.P., Residency, Wheeling Hospital, Wheeling, WV
- E.M., Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Board Certified Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Virginia College of Emergency Physicians
Dr. Renforth’s dream growing up was not to practice medicine but to build and fly airplanes. After stints playing college football and as an infantryman in the United States Marine Corps, he enrolled in West Virginia University’s School of Engineering as an aerospace engineering major to fulfill those dreams of aircraft builder. After graduation, he went to work for a company with an esteemed name in general aviation, Taylorcraft, in Loch Haven, Pennsylvania, which was undergoing a revival from a period of dormancy. He worked his way up to Chief Engineer before he became disenchanted with the business process and decided to enter medical school. After practicing medicine in many places, he decided the Peninsula fit his dream of an ideal place to live with his family and work.
He is an officer in the U. S. Naval Reserve Medical Corps and also practices Emergency Medicine at Portsmouth Naval Hospital while beginning his new venture, M.D. Express Williamsburg, where he will serve as one of 3 owner/physicians in what he calls “a fusion of modern technology and current knowledge with the old-fashioned compassion of the doctors of our memory.”