Michael J. Javernick, M.D.
Born: Loveland, Colorado.
High School: Thompson Valley H.S.
- B.S., Zoology, Colorado State University, Ft Collins, CO.
- M.F.A., Printmaking and Drawing, Colorado State University, Ft Collins, CO.
- M.D., Georgetown University Medical School, Washington, DC.
- E.M.,Residency, University of Florida Emergency Medicine Residency, Jacksonville, FL.
- F.P., Residency, Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency, Lynchburg, VA.
- Board Certified Family Medicine.
- American Academy of Family Physicians.
Dr. Javernick’s career has come full circle. As a student he studied pre-med but soon became interested in the hard sciences and education. After two internships with the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C., he joined the US Peace Corps and taught math and biology in Malawi in Eastern Africa. While living in his remote village, Dr. Javernick, had the time to explore his longstanding love of art. He taught himself to draw then spent the next ten years working as an artist and art educator. He exhibited his work internationally and worked as a tenure track professor teaching drawing at Washington University in St Louis. He eventually decided to expand his interests even further and his interest in medicine resurfaced. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Javernick got residency training in both Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine.
He is a proud part of MD Express. “I’ve never been able to provide such good care to my patients. The efficient staff, extraordinary facilities, and commitment to old-school patient centered medicine make MD Express a truly exceptional medical practice.”
He and his wife, also a local doctor, fell in love with the Peninsula after looking all over the East Coast for a place to raise their two young daughters. As well as continuing to paint and draw, Dr. Javernick spends his time either white-water kayaking in the nearby rivers or surfing at the beach.