Chan S. Park, M.D., Ph.D.
Born: Inchon, Korea
High School: Northern Valley Regional HS, Demarest, NJ
- B.A., Biochemistry, University of Pennsylvania
- M.S., Ph.D., Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City
- M.D., Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City
- E.M., Residency, University of Cincinnati Hospital, Cincinnati
- Board Certified Emergency Medicine
- Publications in scientific journals in the field of Molecular Biology
- Virginia College of Emergency Physicians
Dr. Park has practiced Emergency Medicine here on the Peninsula for 15 years, but his exposure to medicine began half a world away. Dr. Park’s father was an M.D. in the South Korean Army during the Korean War and immigrated to the United States. He dedicated his life to research and eventually became a tenured professor of medicine at the prestigious Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, where Dr. Chan Park also studied medicine and received his M.D. and Ph.D. Chan was only 8 years old when his family moved to America, and he has lived in New York City, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, but he is now finally home on the Peninsula, which he loves.
Living on the Peninsula allows Dr. Park to pursue sailing on the Bay, fishing, golf, tennis, and recording the beauty of the area in photography. He also enjoys woodworking, and unfortunately, Hurricane Isabel gave him a “windfall” of wood in his backyard, where he is now drying the lumber for his hobby.