Question & Answers Results
Mayo Clinic specialists answer health questions from readers like you.
N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Walking pneumonia: What does it mean?
- Walking poles: Good for brisk walking?
- Walking: Is it enough for weight loss?
- Warfarin (Coumadin) interactions: Which supplements should I avoid?
- Warfarin diet: What foods should I avoid?
- Warfarin: Any harm in long-term use?
- Warm-mist vs. cool-mist humidifier: Which is better for a cold?
- Water after meals: Does it disturb digestion?
- Water exercise: Any benefit to osteoporosis?
- Water exercise: Does pool temperature matter?
- Water retention: Are there any natural diuretics?
- Water softeners: How much sodium do they add?
- Watery eyes in older adults: What causes it?
- Weight loss: Better to cut calories or exercise more?
- Weight loss: Does drinking milk help?
- Weight training: Free weights vs. machine weights
- Weighted hula hoops: Hoopla or good exercise?
- Weightlifting belt: Do I need one?
- Weightlifting: Bad for your blood pressure?
- Weightlifting: Best before or after an aerobic workout?
- Weightlifting: Should I alternate muscle groups?
- Weight-loss hypnosis: Does it work?
- Weight-loss surgery: Safe for kids?
- West Nile virus: What are the long-term health effects?
- What are functional foods?
- What is BPA? Should I be worried about it?
- What is compassionate use of experimental drugs?
- What is wheatgrass — And why is it in my drink?
- What is Zumba?
- What's the difference between H1N1 flu and influenza A?
- Wheezing in children: Could it be asthma?
- When to brush your teeth
- White patch on skin: A cause for concern?
- White stool: Should I be concerned?
- White whole-wheat bread: Is it nutritious?
- White-coat hypertension: When blood pressure rises at the doctor's office
- Whitening toothpaste: Does it whiten teeth?
- Whole body vibration: An effective workout?
- Why am I still coughing after I quit smoking?
- Will an air purifier remove cigarette smoke?
- Will my child outgrow asthma?
- Wilson's syndrome: An accepted medical diagnosis?
- Wisdom teeth removal: When is it necessary?
- Wrist blood pressure monitors: Are they accurate?