Standing or sitting for long periods of time can take a toll on your muscles. To prevent or reduce stiffness and pain, try simple office stretches throughout the day.
Start by stretching the back of your shoulder:
- Place one hand under your elbow.
- Lift your elbow and stretch it across your chest. Don't rotate your body as you stretch.
- Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. You'll feel tension in the back of your shoulder.
- Relax and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the stretch with the other arm.