Riverside is thrilled to celebrate our volunteers!
In honor of National Volunteer Week, we're holding special celebrations to honor volunteer contributions:
- Riverside Regional Medical Center: April 11, 10 a.m. to noon. Brunch and service awards
- Riverside Walter Reed Hospital: April 7, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. luncheon with guest speakers
- Riverside Tappahannock Hospital: April 9 appreciation lunch. Champions of Caring recognized and Volunteer of Year named
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg: April 22 luncheon in Patriot's Colony Ballroom at noon. Champions of Caring recognized
Champions of Caring
Volunteers go above and beyond to deliver the Riverside Care Difference by keeping patients safe, helping them heal, being kind and respecting wishes. These two were nominated for Riverside's Champions of Caring program:
Sherry Kern helped with behind-the-scenes work as
RIverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg
prepared for a successful Primary Stroke Center Certification process.
Linda Gardner, a volunteer at Riverside Tappahannock Hospital, took a patient home after x-rays showed the woman's shoulder was hurt and she was unable to drive.
Community members donate valuable hours to facilities throughout our healthcare system. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for people who enjoy:
- Working with the public
- Assisting visitors around the hospital or other facility
- Helping staff with office tasks
- Working on special events
Decide how many hours you would like to devote as a volunteer, when you would be available and where you’d prefer to volunteer. We’ll work with you to set a schedule that meets your needs.
Riverside Regional Medical Center offers many volunteer opportunities. Click here.
Riverside Rehabilitation Institute is looking for volunteers willing to donate their time to our mission of “Rebuilding the Lives of the Physically Impaired.” Send an email to email@example.com.
Hospice Volunteer Training Program: When a loved one is dying, the family members face physical, emotional and spiritual struggles. As a Hospice volunteer, you can help. Contact Kim Parker at 757-594-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering the Warwick Forest Way: Assisted living resident Jane Gearhart has been volunteering at the Woman’s Health Clinic at Langley Hospital for 35 years. But volunteering has always been a Warwick Forest tradition for residents. Click here.
Riverside Tappahannock Hospital: You can make a difference. Click here.
Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital finds its volunteers invaluable. Click here.
Patriots Colony at Williamsburg invites you to volunteer as much time as you want. Click here.