Riverside's Lifelong Health and Aging Related Services offers a Nurse Aide Education Program that combines classroom and clinical instruction in nursing theory and practice. We are looking for candidates who have a desire to become a healthcare professional committed to improving the quality of life for our residents, participants and patients.
Training sites are located throughout the Peninsula (Hampton, Newport News), Middle Peninsula (Gloucester, Mathews, Saluda, West Point), Northern Neck (Warsaw), Isle of Wight (Smithfield), and Williamsburg.
Now accepting applications for the following classes:
October 31, 2016 to December 9, 2016
- Deadline to apply: August 12, 2016
- Location Option One: Riverside College of Health Careers (classroom) and TBD (clinical hours).
- Location Option Two: Sanders Gloucester (classroom) and Mathews Convalescent (clinical hours).
- Hours: Day Division (6 weeks) - Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for classroom instruction and 7:30 a.m. and to 2:30 p.m. for clinical experience hours.
Evening/Weekend Division: TBA
- Deadline to apply: TBA
- Location: Riverside College of Health Careers (classroom) Clinical location will be announced on or before June 1, 2016.
- Hours: Evening/Weekend Division (12 weeks) - Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for classroom instruction and Saturday and Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for clinical experience hours.
How to apply
Download, complete, and submit the following application packet:
(In order to view these files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available for free from the Adobe website)
- Application for Admission
- Application Checklist
- Essential Program Requirements Notification
- Disclosure Statement
- Reference Forms (2 required)
Admissions will review only application packets that are complete. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete packets will not be processed. Submit application packet in person or mail to:
For additional information please contact (757) 240-2228 or NurseAideEdu@rivhs.com.
Virginia Department of Health Professions listing of accredited nurse aide programs and license look-up.
The Riverside Nurse Aide Education Program is a program offered through the Lifelong Health and Aging Related Services division of Riverside Health System and approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. This is NOT a program of Riverside College of Health Careers (RCHC) and is not approved by any RCHC accrediting or regulating agency.The information contained in this website is informational only, and not intended to be contractual in nature. We reserve the right to change or alter any statements herein without prior notice.