American Heart Month
Online Heart Health Tools
Use our online tools, from the Mayo Clinic Health Library, to learn more about your heart and circulatory system, and evaluate your heart disease risks:
-Riverside Heart & Vascular Services
It's about a lot more than just Valentine's Day
We're celebrating American Heart Month throughout February by providing health screenings, information, tools and tips to help everyone live heart-healthy lives. Don't miss these screenings and talks by our cardiologists on subjects that are close to your heart. Then, take a heart health quiz or use the heart disease risk calculator in our Mayo Clinic Health Library.
Leg Alert Screening for Your Heart
(Free screening for PAD--Peripheral Arterial Disease)
Peripheral artery disease, also known as PAD, could be an indicator of a life-threatening heart condition. PAD develops when blocked vessels reduce blood flow to the arms and legs. Riverside is offering fast, free screenings during February and March.
- Feb 16th, 8 a.m. - noon
- Mar. 9th, 8 a.m. - noon
Call (757) 875-7880 to schedule your appointment.
Location: At the Riverside Regional Medical Center Annex, Newport News, VA
"The Doctor Is In" Patrick Henry Mall Talk
The popular Mall Talk series continues with a focus on heart health.
- Wednesday, February 27th at 9:00 a.m.
Back in Circulation: Everything You Should Know about Peripheral Vascular Disease
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about peripheral artery disease (PAD), a common circulatory problem, from fellowship-trained and board-certified vascular surgeon, Joseph Piotrowski, MD. You’ll get the inside story on PAD topics that include:
- What is it and why it isn’t a natural consequence of getting older
- Leg pain and other symptoms – and PAD without symptoms
- Accurate tests for diagnosing PAD
- The risk factors you can control – and those you can’t
- The relationship between PAD, stroke and heart attack
- Lifestyle choices that help prevent peripheral artery disease
- Innovative surgical and non-surgical treatment options
- Managing symptoms and stopping the progress
Free lecture, no registration.
Location: Patrick Henry Mall, Food Court