American Heart Month
Online Heart Health Tools
Use our online tools, from the Mayo Clinic Health Library, to learn more about your heart and circulatory system, and evaluate your heart disease risks:
-Riverside Heart & Vascular Services
February has more than just Valentine's Day...
We're celebrating American Heart Month throughout February by providing health screenings, information, tools and tips to help everyone live heart-healthy lives. Don't miss these screenings and talks by our cardiologists on subjects that are close to your heart. Then, take a heart health quiz or use the heart disease risk calculator in our Mayo Clinic Health Library.
Heart Month Events
"Go Red" for Heart Month - Friday, February 5
- Show your support for increasing Heart Disease awareness by wearing red Friday
Leg Alert Screening for Your Heart (Free screening for PAD--Peripheral Arterial Disease)
Peripheral artery disease, also known as PAD, could be an indicator of a life-threatening heart condition. PAD develops when blocked vessels reduce blood flow to the arms and legs. Riverside is offering fast, free screenings during February.
- Learn more about PAD screenings
"The Doctor Is In" - Williamsburg - Wednesday, February 24 at 6:30 p.m.
The popular free lecture series continues with a focus on heart health.
- "Heart Disease: A Need for Increased Awareness," Dr. Adinaro
"Heart to Heart" Day on the Eastern Shore - February 29
- 8 - 10:15 a.m. : PAD screenings
- 10:30 - 11 a.m. : Presentation by Dr. Jones
- 11 - 11:30 a.m.: John Peterman, Riverside Shore Hospital Administrator, will talk about the new hospital (including the new "heart wing")
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Enjoy Lunch
- 12:30 - 1 p.m.: Jennifer Barnes talks about home health and hospice
The cost is $10. Tickets sold at Shore Cardiac &Pulmonary Rehab (location below), in Onley at the YMCA (Riverside area) and in Little Italy.Shore Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab 9507 Hospital Ave. Nassawadox, VA 23413-0017 Office 757-414-8320