Newport News, VA – The Virginia Nurses Foundation recently announced the winners of their inaugural "40 Under 40 Awards." The program honors nurses under the age of 40 from all across the Commonwealth of Virginia for positively representing their profession through community efforts and professional affiliations. Riverside Health System is pleased to announce that 10 of our nurses were recognized by this prestigious organization for their outstanding contributions to the betterment of healthcare in Virginia.
"Nursing is an integral part of the care we deliver at Riverside, and we are proud to have ten of our nursing leaders recognized by the Virginia Nurses Foundation as a part of their 40 Under 40 program," says Terris Kennedy, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer for Riverside Health System. "These young nursing leaders, who embody the characteristics identified in 40 Under 40, certainly demonstrate nursing at Riverside is well positioned to continue their incredible contributions to our high quality patient care across a broad range of settings and circumstances."
The criteria for judging included how candidates measured up in the categories of Vision and Leadership, Innovation and Achievement, Community Involvement and Contribution, Impact, and Growth and Development Strategy.
Congratulations to Riverside award winners:
- Jennifer S. Barnes, Riverside Shore Healthcare at Home, Home Health Agency
- Kimberly Harper, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Emergency Department
- Lalanda Johnson, Riverside Lifelong Health and Aging Related Services, The Gardens at Warwick Forest, Nursing Administration
- William Machen, Riverside Tappahannock Hospital, Emergency Department
- Beth Widmaier, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Palliative Care Program
And to our Honorable Mention recipients:
- Frances W. Bonniville, Riverside Walter Reed Hospital, Performance Improvement
- Bridgett Burgess, Riverside Health System, Information Systems Clinical Support
- Cassandra Howe-Garza, Riverside Regional Medical Center, 4 East
- Natalie Vines, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Intensive Care Unit
- John Waite, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Intensive Care Unit.
Awards will be presented to the winners at the Fourth Annual VNF Gala on September 24, 2011 at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA.Related:
Published: September 16, 2011